At Aiken & Scoptur, S.C., in Milwaukee, we have a thorough knowledge of the Nursing Home Residents' Rights. These rights were established in the Nursing Home Reform Act and are detailed below as listed on the AARP website:
- The right to freedom from abuse, mistreatment and neglect
- The right to freedom from physical restraints
- The right to privacy
- The right to accommodation of medical, physical, psychological, and social needs
- The right to participate in resident and family groups
- The right to be treated with dignity
- The right to exercise self-determination
- The right to communicate freely
- The right to participate in the review of one's care plan, and to be fully informed in advance about any changes in care, treatment, or change of status in the facility
- The right to voice grievances without discrimination or reprisal
We Help You Protect and Advocate for Your Loved Ones
All residents of nursing homes are protected under state and federal law in the form of nursing home patient rights. It is important for anyone considering placing a loved one in a nursing home to be well aware of these rights. Too many times, rights of residents are violated by abusive or neglectful staff members who are supposed to provide care and protection to your elderly family member.
At Aiken & Scoptur, S.C., our elder law attorneys combine our knowledge of the Nursing Home Residents' Rights with our extensive legal experience to protect the legal rights and interests of nursing home patients and their families. The elderly are often exploited-physically, emotionally, and financially, and those who employ these methods of exploitation, negligence, and abuse need to be held accountable for their actions.
For more information or to schedule an appointment regarding Nursing Home Residents' Rights and any possible exploitation, physical restraint, mistreatment, or neglect, please contact Aiken & Scoptur, S.C., today.