Every profession has its own standards of care that have evolved over the years. These standards are meant to ensure that professionals put their specialized knowledge to work on behalf of their clients and can be held accountable to something other than their own profits.
At the law firm of Aiken & Scoptur, S.C., our Wisconsin professional malpractice attorneys help clients pursue negligence claims against doctors, lawyers, accountants and other professionals. The complexity of these cases requires experienced legal counsel. Our attorneys have more than 90 years of cumulative experience.
Ready to Handle a Wide Range of Professional Liability Lawsuits
Whether you hired a professional who did not handle a task properly or you were injured in an accident that may have been the result of professional malpractice, our attorneys can help you bring a claim for compensation. We are prepared to handle cases such as the following:
- Medical malpractice: No medical procedure is risk-free, but doctors are expected to follow professional standards of care to protect their patients, and they can be held accountable when they fail to follow those standards and cause injuries and fatalities.
- Legal malpractice: Lawyers who miss important deadlines, fail to prepare for trial, fail to research the law, violate conflict-of-interest rules, and commit other acts of professional negligence may be liable for harm their clients suffer as a result.
- Accounting malpractice: Both individuals and businesses can pursue claims against accountants who provide negligent advice, improperly fill out tax returns, fail to detect theft, and commit other acts of professional malpractice.
- Engineering malpractice: Engineers are entrusted with making sure buildings, machines, highways and other projects are fit for the use intended. When they do not follow professional standards of care, they can be held accountable for the consequences.
- Architectural malpractice: Architectural defects can result in serious injuries as well as substantial financial losses. Our attorneys are prepared to help clients pursue professional negligence claims against architects.
Your Solution Starts With a Free Consultation
The malpractice insurance companies and their lawyers know that we are prepared to take cases to trial, enabling us to represent our clients from a position of strength. If you are considering bringing a professional malpractice claim, do not hesitate to contact us.