Nursing Home Resident Wandering Can Have Dire Results
Nursing homes bear responsibility for the safety of the vulnerable people under their care. Elderly residents with dementia, Alzheimer’s patients and people with related conditions are supposed to be monitored so they do not wander off. Tragic accidents can result when a nursing home fails to provide proper supervision of a resident.
If your parent, grandparent or another relative was injured or killed after wandering from a nursing home or assisted living facility, we understand that this may be a painful time. You may be rightfully frustrated at the people who were negligent in their duties.
Helping Families of Injured Residents and Patients
If you are looking for the advice of an attorney who can help you understand your legal rights related to an injured family member, talk to Aiken & Scoptur, S.C., in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It may be appropriate to bring a lawsuit to hold the neglectful institution accountable for its shameful negligence.
Our lawyers work with families whose loved ones were hurt due to nursing home abuse and neglect. Equipped with decades of experience representing wrongfully injured people and their families, we litigate cases involving:
- Patients and residents with Alzheimer’s who were improperly monitored by staff
- Patients and residents with a history of wandering who should have been watched closely after previous incidents
- Elderly people who were hit by a car or fell down after leaving a facility
- Dehydration and other issues that exacerbated a person’s existing health conditions
- Nursing homes with multiple violations related to wandering
Let Us Evaluate Your Case | We Offer a Free Consultation
Every resident wandering case is different. We know it can be frustrating to deal with nursing home negligence. Our firm is here to help you explore your options. Call 414-914-2803 or use our online contact form to schedule a free case evaluation.