About Our Firm
Aiken & Scoptur, S.C., is a Milwaukee personal injury law firm. We provide our clients with personalized service and a level of legal experience and knowledge that is more commonly found in much larger law firms. We devote our practice to representing people who have been injured and wronged by others.
A Stellar Record of Results
Our three trial lawyers have 90 years of cumulative legal experience, which allows us to provide effective representation in every area of personal injury law. Some of our firm’s accomplishments include:
- A $47 million verdict for two Arizona women who were killed in a car accident due to roadway negligence
- A $12.3 million verdict for a Green Bay man who sustained catastrophic neck injuries while using a recreational water toy, and a related $19 million bad faith insurance claim
- A $10 million structured settlement with the federal government for birth injuries suffered by a child, caused by the inattention of the medical staff
- An $8 million recovery for a Fort Atkinson girl whose brain hemorrhage was not diagnosed in a timely manner
- An $8 million recovery for a highway defect case in Phoenix
- A $7.5 million settlement in Canada for a Milwaukee woman who was catastrophically injured in Toronto
- A $6 million medical malpractice in Wausau for a serious injury to a child
- A $5 million verdict for the family of a married couple who was killed in a home gas explosion in Iowa
- A $4.2 million award in Hudson for a compartment syndrome case
- A $3 million settlement for a Wisconsin grain elevator for defective seed corn
- A multimillion dollar settlement for a mid-state Wisconsin farm boy who was injured in a car accident
Legal Scholarship and High Peer Ratings
In addition to our accomplishments in the field of litigation, members of our firm have established themselves as legal scholars and lecturers. Attorney Timothy J. Aiken is a frequent lecturer at law schools and conventions throughout the nation. Additionally, he is a former president and vice-president of the Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers, and he has successfully litigated the unconstitutionality of the medical malpractice CAP on damages for plaintiffs.
Attorney Paul J. Scoptur is also an experienced lecturer who has spoken extensively across the country on the topics of personal injury, medical malpractice and trial advocacy skills. He has written several articles on tort reform, underinsured motorist coverage, medical malpractice and other topics. Paul is also an adjunct professor of law at Marquette University Law School, where he teaches trial advocacy skills. He previously taught at the University of Wisconsin Law School. Paul has been named one of the Best Lawyers in America continuously since 2002, and he has been selected as one of Wisconsin’s top 50 lawyers.
Standing With Our Community
At Aiken & Scoptur, S.C., we believe in giving back to our community and supporting groups on a state and nationwide level. We are dedicated to organizations that are invested in enrichment. We proudly support:
- The March of Dimes, a non-profit invested in dissolving premature birth, birth defects and infant mortality where donated funds are put toward research and programs.
- The Rotary Club of Milwaukee has been working toward greener, more connected neighborhoods with bold projects that will serve our community for many years to come.
- River Hills Police Association is an organization in the Village of River Hills, and supports the River Hills Police Department.
- The Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin, a non-profit comprised of bicyclists and motorists united in the support of biking, and encouraging the forward momentum of cycling in Wisconsin.
- Our firm is also proud to contribute to the Evans Scholars Foundation. The Evans Scholars Foundation is supported by the Western Golf Association and is an awards program, which supports financially limited caddies with college housing and tuition scholarships to caddies across the nation.
- Rescue Mission
- Cancer Hawk partners patients and caregivers to the services, products and expertise they need during cancer treatment and transition.
- US Golf Association promotes, conserves and acts in the best interest of the game the game of golf and players.
- Feeding America is the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization, working to connect people with food and end hunger.
To learn more about any of our firm’s attorneys, click on the respective link below.
Get Experienced Personal Injury Legal Help Today
Contact Aiken & Scoptur, S.C., to have your case evaluated. The initial consultation is free and there are no upfront costs. We only collect an attorney fee if we obtain a recovery for you.