Milwaukee Electrocution Accident Lawyer
Electrocution burns are in a category of burn injury all by themselves. Electrical burns cause damage to the skin and muscle tissue like a thermal burn does, but electrical burns also result in additional health complications that require special medical attention. The Milwaukee electrocution accident lawyers at Aiken & Scoptur, S.C., are highly experienced handling electrocution burn injury cases for victims and their families. Contact us today to see how we may help you with your electrocution case or electrical injury case.
Fatal Electrocution Accidents
Fatal electrocution can occur in the house, along public roadways or on the job. If you have lost a family member to fatal electrocution, you are encouraged to seek legal advice about the possibility of a wrongful death lawsuit to compensate immediate family members for the loss of a loved one.
Accidents Involving Electrical Burns
An electrical accident that does not result in immediate death by electrocution is known as an electrical burn. Serious electrical burns require the same kinds of surgeries and medication treatment as burns from other sources. In addition, however, other medical issues arise as the result of the special nature of electrical shock:
- Heart fibrillation, or dangerous changes in the heart’s rhythm
- Interference with control of the nervous system, especially the heart and lungs
- Brain damage, especially with repeated exposure to electric shock
Legal Advice After an Electrical Burn Injury
Some electrical burn incidents are quite obviously caused by the negligence or intentional misconduct of another person. In such cases, the burn victim should seek immediate legal advice about the right to file a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible person.
Other electrical burn incidents may appear on their surface to be accidents. However, it is still a wise idea to review the circumstances of the injury with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Legal action may still be possible if the accident was caused by faulty wiring or by a consumer or industrial product that was poorly designed or carelessly manufactured.